Mushrooms : A description of The following Magic Substance

Here are a few facts about Mushrooms, the magic ingredient:

– Mushrooms tend to be classified as a vegetable or perhaps a herb, but they’re actually fungi.

– While there are over 14,000 mushrooms, no more than 3,000 are edible, about 700 have known medicinal properties, and fewer than one percent are recognized as poisonous.

– Individuals who collect mushrooms for consumption are known as mycophagists, and the act of collecting them for such is known as mushroom hunting or simply just “mushrooming “.

– Only specimens which can be freshly picked or properly preserved should be consumed and not as old. Once an edible mushroom loses its freshness, bacterial colonies will form and stomach upsets or worse symptoms can be anticipated if such specimens are ingested.

– The absolute most commonly consumed mushroom on the planet is Agaricus bisporus or the white button mushroom. It has two other styles – Crimini or brown mushrooms with an even more earthy flavor and firmer texture, and Portabella mushrooms with a large umbrella-shaped cap and meaty flavor.

– The Egyptians considered mushrooms as a delicacy, and the Greeks thought that mushrooms provided strength for warriors in battle. The Romans regarded mushrooms as a gift from God and served them only on festive occasions, whilst the Chinese treasured them as a health food.

– Mushrooms contain about 80 to 90 % water and are suprisingly low in calories (only 100 calories/oz). They’ve very little sodium and fat and 8 to 10 % of the dry weight is fiber.

– Just about 45% of mushrooms produced are consumed in the new form buy liberty caps. The remaining portion of the 55% is processed with 5% in the dehydrated form and 50% in the canned mushrooms form.

– This shelf life of mushrooms in the new form is quite short. Hence mushrooms are traded on the planet market mostly in the processed form.

– Some mushrooms produce compounds that fight cancer! This was discovered when scientists in Japan found that the community had unusually low cancer rates.

– Mushrooms may be used for dyeing wool and other natural fibers. The chromophores of mushrooms are organic compounds and produce strong and vivid colors, and all colors of the spectrum can be achieved with mushroom dyes.

– Netherlands is the largest exporter of canned button mushrooms [http://www.sunimpex.biz/Canned_Mushrooms.htm] with a market share of about 38.5%. China is second with almost 30% of world trade. France is close third with 13.5% of the planet exports.

– As far as the import market goes, probably the most significant buyer of canned white button mushroom is Germany. It alone accounts for nearly 40% of the planet imports.

As well as the aforementioned facts, mushrooms assists in immune function, they’re high in vegetable proteins and also promotes good health and vitality.

Leave a Comment